Friday 13 December 2013

Let the earth see destruction

Let the earth see destruction 
Let the mountains fall down
But ever in my God
May I be daily found 
Let my flesh see corruption 
My mind grow more weak
But the renewing of my Spirit
May it heaven only seek

Everything outward 
Is Perishing and failing 
But my spirit and soul
Are ever always hailing
Blessed Mary 
Full of Grace
Oh your gaze is transforming
As I behold your face 

Don't be afraid
Though everything breaks
Don't be afraid
When every joint aches
Don't be afraid
In the face of death
Don't be afraid
When you ache for breath

Your soul alone
Will only remain
Look after it well
And endure the pain
Of a body dying
From the day of its birth
To return again
To the cold wet earth 

So rejoice oh sinner
Deep within
God in the sacraments
Destroys all sin
The work alone 
Belongs to Yahweh
Just show up 
Every day

To believe and receive
The Bread of life
Follow the Holy Ghosts
Beloved wife
Hail her daily
Your blessed mother
And always love
Your wayward brother 

No comments:

Post a Comment