Thursday 19 December 2013

Gods love burns

Gods love burns
Inside of me 
He burns up sin
And sets men free
How can I not but
Fall in love with thee
Oh saving God
Come to me

I know I am tempted
By power and control
And other religions
That can't make whole
They draw me deeper 
Into self
Destroying hope
And eternal wealth

Every mortal sin 
Is basically the same
Though we call them all
By different names
They all in the end
Corrupt the soul
As we lust after power
And to be in control

The pleasure means nothing
It's so foolishly fleeting
It's the power and control
We long to be meeting
This in the end 
Is eternal hell
Only left with self
With sinful self to dwell 

How that must pierce
And torment us so 
No longer able
To God to go
To return the love
That burns for all
Oh come now to Christ
Before you're eternal fall

No comments:

Post a Comment