Monday 7 October 2013

Weep for joy

Weep for joy oh foolish I
At the thoughts I sometimes think
Carnal worldly fears flood in 
And the soul begins to stink
The cares of this hard earthly life 
Oh how they can arise 
Love of money as security 
Come let us this god now despise

If more children God does give
Surely He will provide
Though I'm sick and broken still
I know God He will abide
For I have the greatest of all things
To give to my children
The Holy Eucharist Catholic family
To redeem from every sin 

A soul I can create in love
With my Holy wife
One alone is my everything 
My Rebecca she is my life
So give me 10 more of her
Send us twins and triplets
I know they all belong to you 
Holy Father who them all knits

In the womb in the womb
Oh Ireland how you have fallen
Light of the nations 
To you God is calling 
Come back to your rock Ireland
Oh land of Scholars and saints
And give your children life again
Before your nation finally faints

No comments:

Post a Comment