Thursday 10 October 2013

Pre-Christmas fast

I'd like to take a Facebook break 
But I can't seem this to do 
But then again I was unable 
To do a daily rosary too 
Until this week 
Until this week 
I gave not up 
Though I'm so weak 

I always kiss my brown scapular 
As I put it on 
I kiss it faithfully 
Every single dawn 
But only this week 
Since months so long 
Have I been able 
To sing my daily rosary song

5 decades 
Of Haily Mary 
Oh blesses 
A soul weary 
It's beautiful 
The gospel meditation 
Now finally
I'm in full dedication 

So don't give up 
You may fall back 
Just put one foot forward 
And nothing you'll lack
For the battle belongs 
To Yahweh 
Oh love his rosary 
Every day 

So Facebook break 
You may come too
Though I struggle 
Deeply with you 
A 40 day ancient 
Holy pre Christmas fast 
May be on order 
But will it last?

No comments:

Post a Comment