Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Latin Mass

I was there when they crucified our Lord
Holy awe, silent glory, represent
I was there at Calvary this even
Invited to come, into His open tent

This is true Worship and the children cried
Present they were there too, as Christ died
The Children did come though noisy they be
All were invited to gaze on that tree

I was there when they raised the Cup
The Cup Christ did drink to the full
He raised it up and I fell down
In silent awe at the servant Kings rule

Oh in tongues of Angels the choir sang
As the savior before my eyes did hang
Upon the cross in front of my eyes
The lover of lovers bows his head and dies

I was there when they held up the bread
Christ came in and presently changed
The Bread and me for this night I beheld
True Worship that can't be re-arranged

Oh Glorious Mass in Latin they read
They say this tongue is now ancient and dead
Yet it came alive in my spirit it fed
Though my mind understood not a word that was said

I was there with the Angels and Saints
The Living ones who are not asleep
Joining with this heavenly choir
Was I this tatty old broken hurt sheep

Come come restore restore
The ancient ways as they were before
Hear Christ knock on the door
Invite him in his glory to pour

No comments:

Post a Comment