Sunday 22 September 2013

Forgive me for being a Catholic?

God will forgive me for being a catholic
The evangelist today said
I prophesied to Him
He would one day be led
Into the Catholic Church
He had a good bad heart
And I enjoyed the conversation
But we soon had to part

Was I born again
Yes I quickly said
When did it happen
At 3 weeks my blessed head
Saved me, saved me
Yes Jesus did
When I was just a baby
Not even yet a kid

God will forgive me for being a Catholic
I gently at him smiled
I could see his ache
I chose meek and I chose mild
Why beat up a protestant
With the lions truth
Be like a lamb
It is the best proof

He told me a trainee priest
Said purgatory was going
Either he picked him up wrong
Or more training needed sowing
I doubt that very much
Oh what could Peter change
In faith and morals
Nothing needs rearranged

So we parted ways
Not before saying
He learnt all he did
From former catholics laying
Their dodgy teaching
Into his heart
Oh Gods people know your faith
Or perish foolish hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment