Friday 20 September 2013

Surrender

I gave up Ireland to Christ
Nationalism can be a deadly schism
Come to Christ
For he has risen
32 counties
Belong to thee
Only you
Can set them free

I gave up Ireland for love
Love of my brother separated
From holy food
He should never be hated
The world needs
Our holy reunion
Come home beloved
To daily communion

I gave up Ireland for I seen
Foolish pride on both sides
Evil tongues
Mouths open too wide
Gehenna upon each
Swollen lip
Nasty words
Drip drip

Blood still flows
Policemen bleed
Orange and green
Unholy seed
I know your passion
I hate your creed
Loyalist or nationalist
Learn one good deed

To love love
Your fallen neighbour
Together closer
We can labour
To create
A holy nation
One day Ireland
Shall know jubilation

No comments:

Post a Comment