Monday 23 September 2013

Holy Persistence

With just one thought
I can turn it all around
To go back up
If I'm about to go down
That thought
Is of you
The eternal one
Who is ever true

Sovereign King
You are in control
Of it all
Your purpose your goal
Shall not be thwarted
By any man
Nor any demons
Futile plan

Be still
Gods child
Fear not
Don't go wild
God has a plan
Perfect and true
For me
And for you

Rest rest
Your weary head
Though you feel
Stone cold dead
Gods gotcha
Right where he wants
Think of the deer
Who achingly pants

For water
Hunted so long
Can hardly stand
His faint song
Yet It does pant
And God draws near
The deer sees not
But never fear

God is there
God is there
I once believed not
I was unaware
That at the darkest point
Of your existence
God is closest
Praise His holy persistence

No comments:

Post a Comment