Saturday 23 November 2013

More of God

More of God 
Is all I want
Men can point
But I will pant 
For the Body 
Of my God
For his blood
Oh come my Lord 

Confusion has gripped 
My soul this night  
I know not the enemy 
With whom I fight 
Is it God 
Or the lying snake 
Oh come my God 
And me awake 

The greatest of men 
Know more than I 
So why do I even
Foolishly try 
I would rather 
Cry and cry 
Than begin to work out 
Why oh why 

Has God left 
His Church in a mess 
And still her beauty 
Helps me confess 
Oh clothe me in 
You this night 
Before I turn 
Out the light 

Have I seen your frailty 
Oh weak divided bride 
Has it made me want to 
Not in you abide 
Will I nurse your wounds
Or point them out 
Will I whisper quietly 
Or just scream and shout 

Hide me in your shadows 
Oh weak and humble King 
Let your wounds heal me 
Let my Spirit sing 
Of love unfailing 
Never let me go 
Forgive me Holy Trinity 
When I put on such a show 

No comments:

Post a Comment