Friday 22 November 2013

Filioque

It's too complicated
For little old me
Far too difficult
Yet I can't let it be
Filioque
And the Son
Can't we just 
Become one

But it's more than just
A word in a creed
It's the very person of God
And the sheep need to feed
On the truth 
Not on a lie 
For if they chew on the latter
They'll get sick and die 

Oh the Spirit proceeds
From the Father alone
Yet through the Son
That creed all can own 
So why does it take
A millennium 
To unite together 
Let east and west come 

Just drop the Filioque 
How hard can it be 
It's wasn't written in unity
Oh come Holy See
What price 
Will men pay
Why our oneness
Do we delay

I really don't know
What I'm talking about 
But in my rhyme
I'll let my foolishness out
There must be a way
To now become one
And stop trampling on 
The prayer of Gods Son

No comments:

Post a Comment