Friday 29 November 2013

Love or hate

The world's at war
The wicked mock
But time is ticking 
On the clock
Evil reigns
In these dark days
But soon the Son will shine 
His eternal rays 

How in the heat of his glory
Will the wicked be tormented
They lorded it over others
And never have repented
Thy think they've escaped
And gotten away 
With their wickeds deeds
They do each day 

Still Yahweh sees
His righteous ones in pain
Suffering at the hands
Of the wickeds gain
Pay them back double
For each wicked deed
And still for them 
God did bleed

Sometimes I'm torn
Between love and hate
My enemies I want
To have a horrible fate
When they hurt
My little child
I want to reign down fire
I want to go wild 

Then I look 
To the cross of Gods Son
And I behold the mystery
Of all that God done
They tore Him apart
And the Father did nothing
While the wicked went home
Still mocking and laughing 

Oh God help me to love
My child's enemies 
Help me to pray
And raise up aching pleas
For their hope 
And for their salvation 
Oh help me see them 
As your creation 

Broken sinners
Putting others down
To lift themselves up
They'll kick you to the ground
Oh God 
Let them kick me
I'll bear it all
If my child can go free

Yet the greatest pain
Is not what's done to me
It's to watch another you love
Be broken you see
How deep the Fathers love
To watch His Only Son
Oh blessed Mary our Mother 
What a salvation you have won 

No comments:

Post a Comment