Sunday 12 January 2014

Oh take me to the cross of Christ

Oh take me to the cross of Christ
To see my saviours bleeding face
Let me gaze intently into 
Unfailing, unchanging grace 
Let me stay there many hours 
Away from the troubles in my mind 
Let me cling to his agape love
That never ceases to be kind 

Oh take me to the cross of Christ 
To behold Love bleeding there 
Let me right now cast all of my 
Worries and my care 
Let me hold unfailingly to 
Mercy that cannot end 
Take me into your arms of hope
Oh my God who ever does defend 

Oh take me to the cross of Christ
In my weakness and my pain 
Let me only ever seek your face 
For you alone are my only gain
Let me kneel and kiss your feet 
And bathe them in my tears 
For as I gaze upon your cross
Banished then are all my fears 

No comments:

Post a Comment