Thursday 23 January 2014

Coffee and Poems

Coffee and poems
Go so well together 
A hot coffee is so good
In cold winter weather 
To think in the past
I believed coffee was a sin
Oh thief Ellen White
Your books should go in the bin 

You forbid meat 
Even butter and cheese
Oh poor Ellen White
Who give you the keys
Of the Kingdom of heaven
To bind and loose
You wouldn't even allow me
A drink of sugary juice 

I loved Jesus
So so much 
And I thought you had
His Holy Ghost touch 
That's why I listened
To all that you said 
And all I ended up in the past
Was broken and dead 

You believed the Catholic Church 
Was a whore and a liar
But you were so wrong 
Your lies were like fire 
Burning a hell 
Deep into my soul
I'm glad God called me home
To now be made whole 

For the Kingdom of God is not about food and drink but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment