Friday 3 January 2014

I offer up this darkness

I offer up this darkness
For those who are blind 
I offer up this misery
So others God may find
I offer up this sadness
For those seeking hope
I offer up this emptiness
To help many cope

Why waste suffering
Let it be sanctified
Embrace the pain
That daily does abide
Don't be afraid 
Of the dark weary days
Know God is with you
From you He never strays

Though you can't find him
When the dark clouds descend
The howling winds moan
And to your trials there's no end
Know that all you see 
And all that you feel
Is not the final picture
It's not the final reel 

For God has a plan 
It's eternal rich and sure
But first comes the baptism of fire
So many sons may be pure 
He only puts precious stones
Into the unending flames
And He has engraved in his hands
Each one of His children's names 

No comments:

Post a Comment